Re: Delecti and the marsh

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_thestableyard.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:46:51 +0000 (GMT)

Chris Graham wrote :

> The number of vampires, daughters of darkness can't
> be in significant numbers (more than dozens less than a hundred)

A dozen vampires and a dozen daughters of darkness would seem to me to BE significant. Killing such a creature should be a major achievement, and a guaranteed sign of herodom (in a small 'h' sense). Anyway, its not like Delecti is going to have trouble making more.

If vampires and daughters exist in the hundreds, the marsh would be expanding far faster than it is, and would not be held at bay by the few hundred ducks, lismelder, etc. warriors who are available to oppose them.

In other words, I agree with you, but perhaps for different reasons. I suspect the numbers of vampires in the marsh seems exagerated because PCs are likely to meet the unusual - that's what makes them interesting.

Cheers,
Graham