Black Net

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:49:23 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

>IG>Could anyone tell me where the Pure Horse Warriors,
> >who disappeared in the Black Net, actually went? The
> >notion that I am operating under is that they
> >disappeared and didn't actually die.
>
>Not warriors, but old people and children, the warriors had been spent in
>the battle of Alavan Argay almost to a man.

That's not what KoS p192 says. It talks of "prisoners" being chucked into the net with the implication that these are prisoners from the _battle_. I think the treatment of the prisoners detailed in KoS is a separate event from the flight of the pure horse remainder to Dragon Pass as no mention is made in the P&BR of the latter being forced into the Black Net.

>It isn't sure whether Derek Poljoni discovering the Black Net means
>that he pulled more survivors of the Pure Horse People .

Well, he's looking for horse people, has heard from Orlanth of the Black Net, and the only other people mentioned in connection are the Pure Horse Tribe.