Deep topics on the digest

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_thestableyard.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 11:28:20 +0000 (GMT)

Julian Lord wrote :
> OK, but that means that the Cultures themselves are the result of Heroic
> action.
>
> This raises a lot of questions which would be heavy going even for the GD.
> Nature of language, economic theory, American utopianism,
> Michel Foucault, bla-bla-bla ...
>
> Frinstance, are Gloranthan cultures linguistic entities as in RW,
> or something else ?
>
> If something else, then what ? How then is language produced in Glorantha,
> and why does linguistic shift occur ?
>
> I'm not sure that the other Digesters would find such topics as relevant
> or palatable ones for this forum.

If the discussion stays centred on its relevance to Glorantha, I would have no problem with such a topic here. Certainly this is the only Gloranthan forum in which it would be appropriate. On the other hand, if the discussions become focused on differing real world opinions (cf. the nature of truth debate) or are only involving two or three people, please take it to e-mail. Until then, feel free.

Certainly I can see such a thread being interesting and deepening our knowledge of Glorantha.

Cheers,
Graham

Glorantha Digest Moderator