Dr. Seuss in Glorantha

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 09:21:57 EST

Since I have a three year old and read these stories anyway, and Prax is really the home of North Going and South Going Zax, here is my Gloranthan update on part of the Tale of the Lifted Lorax. I consider the Elder Giants to be assorted directional Zax, perhaps they met, and stood, foot to foot, face to face on at the Plateau of Statues?..

"Way back in the days when the grass was still green, and the pond was still wet and the clouds were still clean, and the song of the Swomee-Swans rang out in space....one morning, we came to this glorious place. And I first saw the trees! The Redwood Pine Trees! The bright coloured tufts of those Great Red Wood Trees! Mile after mile in the fresh morning breeze. And under the trees, I saw Brown Veruferar, frisking about on their reptilian hooves and they played in the shade and ate Redwood Pine nuts. From the rippulous pond came the comfortable sound of the humming fish humming while splashing around. But those trees! those trees! Those Great Red Wood Trees! All my life we'd been searching for trees such as these. The touch of their tufts was much softer than silk. And they had the sweet smell of fresh butterfly milk. I felt a great leaping joy in my heart. I knew what to do, I unloaded my cart"

But Oakfed came and started burning them up, he swallowed a Red Wood Tree with one glup, and with dreadful heat and a great speedy dash , he took a great tree and turned it to ash. Thanks to his firestorms and burnt up ground  there wasn't enough great red wood pine nuts to go around. And the poor Veruferar were getting the crummies, because they had gas and no food, in their tummies. They had loved living there but we couldn't let them stay. They had to find food, and we helped them get away."

Next up, the Heroquest of Solla Solew, used to make your troubles ahve troubles with you.

Keith Nellist