Subject: lycanthropy

From: Adam Benedict Canning <dahak_at_dahak.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:28:03 -0000

> Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 12:29:41 +0100 (CET)
> From: epon0608_at_freebel.net

> Hi,
>
> I know that werewolves are Telmori cursed by Gbaji, but how
> can someone become one? Is this a kind of disease? Can you
> become a werewolf if you're wounded by a Werewolf? If yes,
> how can one cure this 'disease'? Is there other forms of
> 'lycanthropy' in Glorantha? Is Lycanthropy related to Chaos?

To become a telmori werewolf one has to change species from human, which makes initiating as a Telmor traditionalist somewhat dangerous.

There is a RQ3 write-up in Dorastor and while its safer than becoming a troll, its not totally safe, whether you end up chaos cursed or not depends on whether the people who are becoming your parents in the ritual are cursed or pure.

Not all Telmori are chaos cursed, those who's ancestors didn't aid Nysalor/Gbaji are not chaos marked and don't auto transform on wild day.

Being ripped up by a Telmori makes you wounded or dead, since being Telmori isn't a disease or infectious.

Adam

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #291