Re: Non-Heortlings

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:57:18 -0800

Jerome

>I read the Kunkhorn story in Anaxial's Roster. In this story Heort is listed
>among the Fronelan Orlanthi gods, which means his customs reached really
>far. So i wondered if there were any non-Heortling Orlanthi in Glorantha
>(and especially Genertela). People who worship Orlanth but don't know about
>Heort (and possibly worship another survivor hero instead).

In my opinion, just because Heort is known in Fronela doesn't mean that the Fronelan Orlanthi are Heortlings -- for example, the French are well aware of Moses but that doesn't mean they are Jewish or practice Mosaic law. I think the Fronelans are too far removed geographically to be considered Heortlings.

I think the Wenelians are descended from Harandings (that's the Arrowmound reference you were trying to remember) and are thus not Heortlings.

The Umathelans are IMO also descended largely from Harandings (or even a different stock), plus they have been experimented on by God Learners and then isolated for centuries. I believe the Umathelans are only nominally Orlanthi, worshipping their own set of nine Lightbringers (Sandy posted on this years ago).

David Dunham dunham_at_pensee.com
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein