Ralian Orlanthi

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_hem.utfors.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:37:49 +0100

>Ralios has two distinct cultures of Orlanthi, IIRC the Lanksti

Or more generally, Vesmonstrans. But the Lanksti are dominant.

>descended from Enerali and Dawn Age Dorastan stock
>whereas the Delelans (and
>other East Wilds Orlanthi) are former Bemuri.

IMG mixed groups of hsunchen, including some now extinct kinds. Possibly some Enerali in the mixture, too.

>We do know that they have chariots
>instead of horses

How do you have chariots without horses? :-) Just kidding, I know what you mean.

>I don't think the East Wilds Orlanthi would care
>much for Alakoring seeing how they were friendly to the EWF.

Didn't know that last one. Is it something David D. thought up since the last time I looked at his web site?
IMG it's more the case that East Wilders dislike Alakoring because he's Lanksti (and the Lanksti sided with Arkat while the Easterners were loyal to the Council), and so Alakoring's enemies must be our friends... OTOH, now that I think about it, there should have been some EWF presence in Ralios considering how upset Alakoring got about it. Not many heroes decide to stop an empire half a continent away, with which they've had no direct contact. And since the East Wilders have a history of falling for strange variants of Orlanth worship, they do seem the likely suspects. Of course, IMG modern-day Delelans etc. have little or no recollection of all this. Names like Lokamayadon or Nysalor are unknown. All they know is that at the Dawn they joined the World Council and everything was fine for a long time, until the darkness demon Arkat tore it all down and put trolls in charge. I'll have to think a bit about what they remember of the EWF.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg