Kitori

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:56:07 +0800

        Joerg mentions Shannons excellent history of the Kingdoms of Night. Yes, now you mention it I referred to it a lot when I wrote my version of the Kitori history, so its no surprise my impression of their history tallies with his.

>The Zolan Zubar references are in
>the freeform material and scattered in Drastic:Darkness (specifically the
>Hell Roar subcult of Zorak Zoran).

        My Kitori history was written for Drastic: Darkness too. Stephen and I were bouncing ideas back and forth.

> > Yes. They originally (at the time of the founder, Vorzar
>>Kitor) worshipped a spirit called Zolan Zubar, quite similar to Zorak
>>Zoran, who was incorporated into the Zorak Zoran cult at some point
>>(possibly by Kwaratch Kwang as a power grab).
>
>I'm inclined to blame Arkat, but agree about the timing.

        I was assuming that Arkat taught a few of his tricks to Kwaratch Kwang, and maybe assisted. I thought by the time Arkat became a troll, the frontline of the conflict had already moved beyond Kethaela and the Zolan Zubar cult was no longer that important.

> >The humans have always been darkness worshippers,
>
>Shannon makes them start in 160 S.T.

        Yes. 'For the last 1500 years' is close enough to 'always' for most purposes, and we lack knowledge of many of the Dawn Age details.

>According to Shannon, this started in the Second Age, when a descendant of
>Varzonar (sp?) Kitor (the Kitori sacred king active during the time of
>Lokamayadon, and the Only Old One's co-general with Kwaratch Kang)

Varzor Kitor. He's a character in the Broken Council.

> ritually
>married an Uz Queen and established modern Kitori society in the Troll
>Woods. This time as traders.

        Warriors and traders. But not the frothing warriors they used to be.

> The great Argan Argar statue in Whitewall
>(mentioned in RQ Adventures #4) probably stems from this time.

        Yep. Though the modern tribe probably didn't become that well established until the tribe was bolstered by refugees from the death of the OOO.

	Cheers
		David

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #300