Re: Vadeli; East Wilds and EWF

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:50:48 -0800

Greg Stafford

>Except among the Orange Guild, I do not see the Vadeli as having any real
>political power anywhere. They had their day, were busted and now are
>totally mistrusted by everyone.

 From Missing Lands, one can draw the implication that Garzanz in western Umathela is a Vadeli city (which Sandy Petersen once confirmed). The admiral of Garzanz has influence among the Huamaz. I figured this meant that there were still some Vadeli thugs terrorizing the river dwellers.

So are the Vadeli completely gone from Umathela? Too bad, having a bunch of nasties lurking in the west (since I was running in the east) was convenient for the game.

Peter Metcalfe

>It's based on Ingolf's Saga. He generally wields dragon magics
>for his people and retires to Delela when the EWF collapses.
>Ergo some tolerance of draconism among the East Wilds Orlanthi.

Pure speculation, but Ingolf might be take in by descendents of reptile hsunchen.

David Dunham dunham_at_pensee.com
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein