Re: Kinslaying

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_danet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:42:10 -0500

Andrew Larsen says:
> In my campaign, some bad guys tricked one of the Orlanthi PCs into
> committing a kinslaying during a heroquest. Two questions:
> 1) what might the mythic effect of kinslaying be? I've got a few ideas,
> but I want to see if anyone has any neat ideas.

Chaos slips in (broo attacks rise, scorpion men erupt from previously unknown nests, ogres offer to share a picnic lunch with you, etc).

Also, any attempts at justice that you participate in go horribly wrong (like Camlann, in Arthurian legend), to the point that people treat you like Jonah or Starkad the Old. This will include any effort to fix the problem under Orlanthi law.

> 2) Are there any quests that might be used to atone for kinslaying? I
> have this nagging idea that there is, but I can't think of one.

Congratulations! You have just been invited to join Humakt, starting with a full Kinseverence! Battle and Glory await you (along with a lonely grave among foreigners, at the end, but it beats the alternative)!

Alternately, become a Trickster, FAST. They can do anything and get away with it. Sometimes.

Third way, prove that the victim was corrupted by Chaos. Since he is dead, though, Uroxi Sense Chaos will be at a *big* handicap, and his just joining the Seven Mothers will *not* be enough.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #306