Ship of the Sky

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:28:30 -0800

At 09:05 PM 3/14/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>I don't understand. Er... Which Ship in the Sky? Is there an event that
>_really_ ends the Closing and makes brave Dormal useless?
Yes.
Shiprise occurs in 1624. In Sartar Burning, the Dragons Return (the 2nd book of the Dragon Pass Hero Wars scenarios) your characters get a chance to be on it. But after it reappears the Closing disappears. However, it takes several years for people to actually figure it out. No one voluntarily goes to sea without Dormal's blessing, and hence discovering it's not necessary is accidental at first.

>I'd say, though it may not be a surprise, that the more
>firmly you stick to stern rules, the more you can display powerful magics if
>needed. Frx the Brithini blasted the Godlearners' armada when they tried to
>invade Brithos.

This is so.
It is one of the reasons that really old traditions remain in force, such as a stone age military unit being kept in the modern Dara Happan army. They have been maintaining a continual tradition since then, accumulating energy and powers as long as they keep within the primal rules, practices etc.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #307