sorcerous trees

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:47:18 +0800

Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>If you prefer a cosmological argument, then I hazard the Song does
not contain sorcery because that is the ethos of the Mostali

        Remember, in the Godtime there a stone tree, that was magically attuned to both Mostali and Aldryami magic. That is very likely such a sorcerous tree, and fragments still exist (though the latest mention of it as a living tree I know of is Vogarth Strong Man taking it to the queen of Esrolia, which presumably took place in the Silver Age). So its possible. Of course, whether it is still possible for such trees to come into existence, or whether that was only in the Godtime, I don't know. One mythic explanation would probably be that such things ceased to be possible with the Death of Mostals brother Stone.

        Fragments of such a tree are sought after precisely because such bridges between the Aldryami and Mostali world views are so rare.

	Cheers
		David