IG and EWF

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:59:59 -0600

Julian Lord says:

>But this doesn't mean that the Invisible God is measurable and knowable as
such
>according to every Western sect, nor that all Westerners conceive Him as
"all that
>is knowable", nor that He is in fact the Center of Creation (He isn't).

        No, I wouldn't think so. Zzabur is a special case (I'm assuming). Besides, most of the "continental sects" don't seem to think highly of Zzabur. As to the IG being the "center of creation," I just wanted a geometrical analogy. Do you have a better one? The circle whose circumfrence is everywhere and whose center is nowhere seems evocative.

>That would depend entirely on the tenets of your Faith.

        Are there Gloranthan sects (i.e. not sorcerors) which consider the IG essentially knowable? I though the point of Solace and Joy is that they were progressive approaches to the (unreachable for most, if not all) IG.

Peter Metcalfe says to

me:
>>So the EWF wasn't just destroyed and "erased," but it actually became
>>impossible for people to follow its paths and use its magics?
>
>Firstly, it is still possible to be a draconist (ask any Kralori). I
>merely answered the question for Orlanth Dragonfriend. This was only
>one of many EWF cults that are now no longer worshipped.

        Hmmm. I thought that there was some essential difference between the EWF and Kralori "draconism," with the EWF being a sort of draconic misapplied worship. Or worship that went horribly wrong in some fundamental way, at any rate. Thanks for the rest of the details.

Peter Larsen

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #314