Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #314

From: plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:04:52 -0600 (CST)

Julian Lord says to
> Joerg :
> > Peter Metcalfe states categorically:
> > >Orlanth the Lion has absolutely nothing to do with Basmol.
>
> Weird things happen to things I say : they consistently turn into other
> people's ideas...
>
> Nope, that was me : Orlanth is a god, Basmol is a Spirit.

        I really liked the "Table of Contents" listing for your post: "Orlanth the Lion has absolutely nothing to do" poor fellow, I thought; he should get out more.

So Orlanth the Lion is misapplied worship of Basmol, mistakenly attributed to Orlanth and incorporated into his worship. You could be a missapplied worshipper of a non-existant subcult of a Great God. The mind reels.... OK, they are unrelated, honest.

Peter Larsen