Dragonfriend, Chaos-Cattle

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_primus.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:22:11 +1000

DRAGONFRIEND
> Peter L:
>
> > > There are no practitioners of [Orlanth Dragonfriend] and AFAIK
> > > worship of it is impossible since Alakoring freed Orlanth from
> > > Arangorf.

Perhaps not, but the rediscovery of Orlanth Dragonfriend (ahh but he's changed!) is certainly a theme of the Hero Wars. Given the latest revelations, I'm sure the paths to draconic magic may be various, but in KOS-era understandings the Argraths gained draconic powers, unique wyter abilities, and drop-in-for-tea-with-black-dragon type magics from their use (and probable abuse) of lingering OD memories. In my Far Point campaign, that meant early Starbrow/Argrath supporters spent a lot of time lurking around forbidden Youf ruins, descending into ancient tombs, making mainly futile attempts to communicate with dragonewts, fiddling with the local Animal Twins rituals and sending narrator characters into forbidden valleys where they emerged with split tongues, strange powers, and less sanity than a chaos-cow fighter.

Speaking of which...

CHAOS NINJA SNOTLING BOVINES Peter N, Devotee of Fractus and Disciple of the Ten Dancing Primos:

> Weregild? Perhaps the cows paid as weregild grow
> fangs, and turn into dangerous man-eating predators on
> full moon nights. :-)

They do, and many a lonely night I have faced them alone with only my trusty club Tenderiser! At last, a kinsman who udderstands!

Launchpad Faces-Gorp
Currently confined to the square house at Lagerwater Stead.

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_primus.com.au                 John Hughes

The cows are not what they seem!