Invisible God

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:37:33 +0100

Me 'n' Peter Larsen :

> >But this doesn't mean that the Invisible God is measurable and knowable as
> >such according to every Western sect, nor that all Westerners conceive
> >Him as "all that is knowable" ...
>
> No, I wouldn't think so. Zzabur is a special case (I'm assuming).

Peter has a better handle than I do on this kind of Western atheism. But no : Zzabur isn't actually a special case in that sense. Many Westerners do in fact conceive of the IG as a measurable & knowable entity. Zzabur is special only because he knows and has measured God, unlike anyone else. But if he can do it, anyone can.

> As to
> the IG being the "center of creation," I just wanted a geometrical analogy.
> Do you have a better one?

He's at the Top of it (well, one of the Summits, anyway).

> Are there Gloranthan sects (i.e. not sorcerors) which consider the IG
> essentially knowable?

Wrong question really : those who believe that He is are sorcerous sects.

Your problem here is that it's actually fairly difficult to get one's head 'round the basic concepts of sorcery and Monotheism.

That probably won't be much help, actually. :-( Sorry, can't help you really. You'd have to ask Greg.

> I though the point of Solace and Joy is that they
> were progressive approaches to the (unreachable for most, if not all) IG.

I don't think that any such 'progression' actually exists : God is One. It is men who are weak, and cannot reach Him.

Julian Lord