EWF renaissance

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 01:05:37 +0000

Kevin Blackburn

> I've assumed in my game (YGMV alot!) that Argrath must be using some
> combination of Orlanthi and Draconic magics in things like the Brown
> Dragon rising in 1625. These magics seem best labelled Orlanth
> Dragonfriend. I've assumed that the potential exists for some of
> these magics to be rediscovered by my "heroes". One of them has
> a long history with the Dragonewts, and has one as a patron.
> Am I a hopeless heretic?

Au contraire, you're firmly on track. Things like this are happening in Sartar as it rises, and will kindle the flames when it will be burning.

I don't expect these dragon heretics to be greeted with joy, even though there will be a dragonrise.

Mechanics-wise, I feel that not even the active mystic catches the dream-creations of a dragon, dragonet, or the powerful EWF leaders. Dragon sleep can be regarded as meditation and refutation, but the result is a very active entity, a dream dragon, or some lesser effect, up to the marvelous dragonewt cities created by just this kind of not-quite mysticism. But that's firmly IMO.