EWF manifestation magics?

From: Joerg Baumgartner <jorganos_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:02:07 +0200

>>Mechanics-wise, I feel that not even the active mystic catches the
>>dream-creations of a dragon, dragonet, or the powerful EWF leaders.
>>Dragon sleep can be regarded as meditation and refutation, but the
>>result is a very active entity, a dream dragon, or some lesser effect,
>>up to the marvelous dragonewt cities created by just this kind of
>>not-quite mysticism. But that's firmly IMO.

Kevin Blackburn:
>I assume that the Dream Dragons are accidental, rather than intentional,
>and tend to reflect emotions not yet under control.

For a dragonewt ruler, to manifest a dream dragon is an active power. I guess it is a required experience on its way to full dragonhood. For Kralori military exarchs, dream dragons are a supplemental force to their armies. For sleeping true dragons, I find it likely that some dream dragons are a voluntary creation in order to retain or create a balance.

During the EWF, the humans seem to have embraced the manifest mysticism of the dragons. Flaming breath or dragon wings are mentioned for disciples of the draconic ways.

Large-scale emanations (excuse the pun) seem to have been restricted to True Dragons (like Drang), and to have been a team effort - when Alakoring slew Drang, this was the end for several leading Orlanth Dragonfriend priests, IIRC.

On a smaller scale, I think that much of Argrath's Magical Union in the Dragon Pass boardgame was a re-invention of EWF techniques.