Re: Heortling Kyger Litor

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:01:56 EST

Olli Kantola:

<< > There is a big difference between "Uleria is worshipped in the
> City" and "All City Folk are wicked because they worship Uleria".
> Take a parallel example: if Kyger Litor was worshipped in Bold
> - -home, would you infer that all inhabitants of Boldhome are
> demon-worshipping Kyger Litor worshippers?

 No, but all Torkani (if my memory serves me correctly, they are the Darkness worshipping tribe or clan) must be! >>

     Nope. The Torkani worship Argan Argar, not Kyger Litor. IMO, they worship a number of other darkness deities too, but Kyger Litor, as a goddess specifically associated with trolls, is not among them. Their women's goddess (and wife of Argan Argar, IIRC) is actually Ernalda...

<<If darkness gods are actively perceived as evil (as opposed to passively just thinking in the back of your head that they are naughty and wrong), as demons usually are, then
 they must be attacked from time to time by their neighbours because of that.>>

    Yeah, but that's only them no-good Dinacoli and Yelmalion scum. And the Telmori, admittedly. And the Praxians, come to think of it. Well, yes, OK, all of their neighbours except the trolls...

<< Zorak Zoran is a known demon, and some clans worship even him!>>

     Very few, I suspect. IMG, the Torkani worship him instead of Urox, but his antisocial nature means that even most of them aren't desperately happy about his worshippers living amongst them...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky