Uleria

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:45:29 +0300

Andrew wrote:

<snip>
:In the RW, polytheistic cultures are instinctively inclusive. One
:worships as many gods as possible because not worshipping a god might
:offend her and so call down her down. So it seems to me that the
:Sartarites are going to lean toward inclusion unless they have a strong
:reason not to. As a goddess of love, Uleria has enormous ability to
:disrupt regular relationships, so imagine what an irate Uleria could do
:to a tribe that offended her. Cause a "plague of love" to sweep the
:tribe, making its members fall in love with inappropriate people? Wither
:the love-relationships of married couples? Bring fertility to the wrong
:people? All of these look like good reasons to not offend her.

I agree. Uleria is one of the great powers of the universe, being a survivor of the celestial court.

I think Peter is (rather aggressively) defending a rather extreme view of Uleria. She is raw power, and can be somewhat disruptive. She is still the primal force of love, and not a monster of the predark, or an enemy goddess.

In Mika Waltari's "The Etruscean" (a bizarre translation. Turms the Immortal, would be true to the original), the nephilim like main character is warned against angering "She who was born of foam", meaning the greek goddess of love.

Turms defies her anyway, and reading the book will give people good ideas of what may happen if one seriously crosses Uleria.

	-Adept : who likes Uleria, and sees no reason to retcon his Sartar
		 campaign. Uleria is not a regularily worshipped or called
		 upon deity, but she is still respected. Definitely not a
 		 demonic enemy!

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.