Newbie Runequest GM needs some help

From: Tuna Artun <tuna_at_freeze.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2001 01:25:32 -0000

Hi all,
I've recently purchased Runequest Standard Ed. & AH's Glorantha: Genertala on Ebay. I've run D&D (mostly FR, Dragonlance, Darksun), Cyberpunk, Mage, Vampire, Changeling and a few other campaigns in the past but have no previous experience with RQ or Glorantha. After playing King of the Dragon Pass (CG) for awhile and surfing the web for Glorantha-related websites I was simply overwhelmed by the richness of the game world and the overall atmosphere. In any case, we'll soon start out a campaign in Sartar (Aranwyth) around 1606 ST using RQ 3rd ed. rules. I guess possible scenerio hooks could include conflict with the Lunars, the Telmori to the north, Culbreans or perhaps inter-tribe feuds. Any ideas on how to successfully start out? Are there any common pitfalls I should avoid while running a Glorantha campaign? Thanks a lot in advance.

Tuna

Want free email? Sign up at http://www.freeze.com !