OHHHH! Look! A virgin!

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:51:42 +0100

>I've recently purchased Runequest Standard Ed. & AH's Glorantha: Genertala on
>Ebay. I've run D&D (mostly FR, Dragonlance, Darksun), Cyberpunk, Mage, Vampire,
>Changeling and a few other campaigns in the past but have no previous experience
>with RQ or Glorantha. After playing King of the Dragon Pass (CG) for awhile and
>surfing the web for Glorantha-related websites I was simply overwhelmed by the
>richness of the game world and the overall atmosphere. In any case, we'll soon
>start out a campaign in Sartar (Aranwyth) around 1606 ST using RQ 3rd ed. rules.
>I guess possible scenerio hooks could include conflict with the Lunars, the
>Telmori to the north, Culbreans or perhaps inter-tribe feuds. Any ideas on how
>to successfully start out? Are there any common pitfalls I should avoid while
>running a Glorantha campaign? Thanks a lot in advance.

I would recommend you take a look at the following sources:

The Sartar issues of TALES OF THE REACHING MOON.

THUNDER REBELS for more Sartarite stuff.

KING OF SARTAR if you can find a copy: this is the definitive (and highly deceiving) history of the role of Dragon Pass in the Hero Wars and after.

I don't know of any actual published scenarios set in that time period and location but try Jane Williams' site for similar stuff. I assume if you're choosing that time period you hope to run them through the conquest of Sartar? Welcome, brother! I started just before Starbrow's Rebellion meself....