Uleria

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:45:08 +0100

In message <200103300240.SAA14815_at_chaosium.com>, The Glorantha Digest <owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com> writes
>> Yes, but Malia is also associated with explicitly Chaotic forces, and
>>was instrumental in the birth of the Devil. Uleria is not associated with
>>Chaotic powers, and given that she rules one of the fundimental principles
>>of the universe, almost by definition she can't be chaotic.
>
> No, but she can be weird, foreign, and alien.

And that's the hard point historically. We're pretty clear that Ul-Eria was a Dara Happan deity originally. Whether she spread into the 'barbarian lands' during the Second Council period (most likely) or during the EWF (less likely) she came into the region in historical time and would have little or no mythological place in Heortling minds. It's a tribute to her cosmological importance that she makes as much impression as she does!
- --
Michael Cule