Re: Hsunchen

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 20:12:04 -0800

Jerome Blondel

> > I thought they *were* the Pendali?
>
> Yes, i'd completely forgotten that possibility. It's because i was lost in
> very very deep considerations on the strangeness of Pendali civilization at
> the moment.....

Right, the Basmoli were at one time civilized in Ralios. If I'm remembering correctly, they devolved into "savagery" after their political power was broken. (Remember, just about everyone in Glorantha has a myth of how Basmol was killed...)

> Almost all the Hsunchen in the Ralios forest stopped to be Hsunchen at one
> time or another. Is it related to the fall of Hrelar Amali? Was that place a
> sort of focus for the Ancient Beasts' power?

It was, but I'm not sure about cause and effect. I think the Great Tree at Hrelar Amali was devoured by trolls some time in the late Storm Age. But most of the hsunchen didn't drop totemic practices until after the Dawn.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein