Tanisor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 17:50:39 +1200

Jerome Blondel:

>Related to Ralian hsunchen topics, I've come up with another question. Who
>were the Tanisorians who fought the Seshnelans later in the Dawn Age? 'The
>Kings of Seshnela' mentions wolf warriors, could it be that they were
>Telmori migrants who later converted to sorcery, vampirism, gbajism and
>chaos?

It's an interesting question (and Nolosior's another nation whose origins are equally obscure). The Broken Council Guidebook states that it was an Enerali nation that turned to worshipping Malkion, yet the Seshnegi King's List lists the Tanisorans separately from the Enerali on several occasions.

I don't think the Tanisorans are Telmori immigrants (Grodlam the Wolf is very late, is first described as a vassal of a non-wolf Tanisoran King, and probably had his origins in Telmoria).

I generally think they were Malkioni that fell to worshipping False Gods (Worlath etc) during the Darkness and this heterodoxy persisted for a longer time than in coastal Fronela or Seshnela.