Fronelan Orlanthi

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 17:50:11 +1200

Joerg Baumgaertner:

> >>The latter wouldn't
> >>surprise me, since Talor brought Heortlings to Fronela,

> > Did he?

>A group of Harmast's companions, which ended up in Oranor IIRC, not in
>Galastar.

Source? Talor is a proud champion of the True Malkioni as exemplified by Loskalm. He's not going to pollute his realm by dumping pagans near its borders.

> > So why do the Fronelan Orlanthi worship the Lifebringers
> > and not the Lightbringers (Glorantha: Intro p72)?

>That's Galastar and the Janube Valley.

And since Oranor lies on the borders of Jonatela, why haven't the Jonatings picked up the message of the Lightbringers from the supposedly superior Oranorans?

> > Bobcat Hsunchen live in Fronela and some who converted to
> > Orlanthi ways would want a cat god to worship/

>A former enemy god with a myth how they became enemies?

I wouldn't say former. They still are enemy gods and the Bobcat Hsunchen still have it in for any Yinkini.

>That would be like Mraloti converting to Orlanth the Boar?

FYI I have never denied that Mraloti converting to Orlanthi might find Orlanth the boar attractive. What I have objected to is your contention (based on a misconception that the BCG does not mention Mraloti) is that the Wenelians as a whole converted to Mraloti worship during the darkness and switched back again at the dawn. If that were so, the Pralori would have easily become Heortlings, given that Heort had an association with deer.