MAJOR LEAGUE CREEPY

From: Guy Hoyle <guyhoyle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 13:00:56 -0700 (PDT)

Last Saturday, in Sandy Petersen's RQ campaign, we finally located a ship for some stranded Outer Atomic Explorers, which enabled them to return to the Void beyond the world (long story, mostly weird and confusing). They offered to send us to any part of Glorantha in one of their escape pods, as part of their reward. As they pierced the sky dome, they ejected us; however, the ship was attacked by a creature they called Bagog, and we landed somewhere in eastern Fronela. Unfortunately, since we were out of synch with Time, we landed in a timeless place... inside a region affected by the Syndic's Ban.

The people there are happy... TOO happy. Separated from the rest of the world by swirling black fog, they worship a giant jack-o-lantern called Happy Jack (yes, HAPPY). The sun is foever overhead, and the people mine the metal from a giant bronze skeleton they refer to as "Orlanth". This giant failed to slay Yelm back during the War of the Gods.

More disturbing things: the "doctors" are obviously scorpion men, who inject healing potions into their patients; and the "fertility broos" are required to "prime the pump" so people can have babies.

Now, we're fairly sure that the Ban will come down if we try to leave this area, but we don't know what the aftereffects will be if we do so. Perhaps these happy, innocent people will be blasted by the outer reality that is Glorantha. Another possibility is that this realioty will grow to affect our Glorantha. Still a third possibility occurs to me: isn't there supposed to be a small area covered by the Ban in the heart of the Kingdom of War, that will be the key to its destruction if the KoW does not find out about it?

At any rate, Sandy always seems to keep us on our toes. Or occasionally he cuts them off.

Guy

Guy Hoyle
Webmaster, http://uncommoncon.com, http://www.hawkwood.org

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text