Two-Legged Alliance

From: Lemens, Chris <CLemens_at_exchange.webmd.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 10:08:02 -0400

<tongue-in-cheek>

I was thinking about the Two-Legged Alliance in Prax. It is primarily a religious tradition binding together the Bolo Lizard and Ostrich tribes. I was trying to think of who the unknown third member might be or have been.

I thought that you have to put it in the context of peoples in Genert's Garden. I figured that Bolo Lizards are kinda snaky lookin, so they are associated with Earth. Ostriches are definitely associated with Sky/Fire. You've got Storm bull for Air, so skip that one. Darkness was unknown, so skip that one, too. You're left with water. So, you need a bird (since the tradition holds that Bolo Lizards are actually bird lizards), associated with water and pygmies. Hmm. Big penguins . . . auks . . . DUCKS! Once that was obvious, it became equally obvious that, in the golden age, pygmies had ridden big ducks throughout the waterways of the Garden. This tribe survived (barely) into historical times on the Zola Fel. When the EWF came to Prax, Delecti captured them all and combined the pygmies with their birds, thus making the ducks of Dragon Pass!

QED. Over to you, John, for further proof.

</tongue-in-cheek>

Chris Lemens

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #348