Who's attacking?

From: plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 15:40:40 -0500 (CDT)

Oliver Bernuetz got many answers to:

> >Here's a good question. How the heck do the Heortlings manage to
> avoid

There'a also the point of who are the Heortling's most common enemies? Other Heortlings, who are probably tied up in their own rituals. I can't imagine that even wiping out your worst enemy can be worth not worshipping Orlanth and Ernalda on their holiest days. Tarshites and Esrolians have similar limitations (even without majority Orlanth worship, they will still lose the Storm-oriented fighters). The rest of the enemies run into the problems raised by Peter Metcalfe, James Frusetta, Chris Bell, and others.

The big exception might be the Lunars who probably wouldn't attack, but might try some heroquesting skullduggery (leading fliers astray, for example, or trying to "prove" something noxious about the relationship between the clan and the Storm Tribe). I'm not sure the Lunars would waste the mojo on your average clan, though.

Peter Larsen