Re: Predark Creator

From: Topi Pitkanen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 02:16:53 +0300 (EEST)

> > Humakti Ritual of Six Stones,
> It seems to open a connection directly to a crossroads in
> the GodPlane, <snip>

Thanks, you gave me a direction to expand the theme IMG - if needed.

> Given that the Malkioni and all sorcerors have been identifying Orlanth
> and Umath as the sorceror Worlath for thousands of years, the Orlanthi
> will probably fail the identification challenge. Furthermore, if they
> do succeed, this turns all Malkioni into Chaotics from the start. This
> means that they go from being an ally in I Fought We Won into being the
> Fifth Column in Our Midst, leading to a massive Chaotic victory. You
> might come back from the Quest and discover that your clan have all
> become tentacled horrors, wondering what this tasty morsel that
> Orlanth the Storm of Chaos has given them.
> Poor blowhards, either way.

Apologies for my non-native english.

I had an idea that Malkioni Creator could be described as something "Too Big To Think Of" which an orlanthi assosiates to Predark Demon. "Never the Same" seems very much like Jokbazi to most, I presume?

I didn't think of Hero Wars style identification challenges! I meant this more like one possible heortling explanation why the meldeks are soulless. It's nice to know myths why neighbours are evil.

Secondly the Umath myth is sort of about Predark _before chaos_ - - before chaos in the Unholy Trio, Wakhboth, Kajabor sense anyway. If Too Big To Think Of wasn't from the Old Gods tribe, Umaths folk, the "only other option" is that He was Predark tribe since there were only two tribes then. If Predark eguals Older than Glorantha, then in that sense The Creator would - propably - be Predark.

I doubt that seeing Malkion's One God as something Predark would equal turning Malkion and his folk into chaotic monstrosities above considered.
>From heortling point of view, malkioni do not really worship their god, or
any god - why? It certainly is suspicious. The "evidence" of meldeks respect for elder chaos is that when they die, they are _gone_, most of them.

I Fought We Won seems to be "the only occasion" in the heortling myths when the Logic Tribe has been any help to the world. Isn't Heort the Hero!

BTW Is it still canon to secretly think Flesh Man as Malkion?

"Any worldwiew that isn't strange is automatically false."