I Fought We Won, Greg gregs

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:08:42 -0700

At 11:45 AM 4/13/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>> This
>> means that they go from being an ally in I Fought We Won

The unificary function of the "many I Foughts" is a God Learner artifact. I have currently determined that the myth known as "I Fought We won," wherein Second Son overcame Chaos; is a strictly Heortling/Dragon Pass Peoples myth. They didn't even share it with the other Orlanthi that they discovered for the simple reason that they had their own tale of "How We Survived the Darkness."

In many older (ie, RQ era) documents state otherwise. They are wrong. No westerners attended I Fought We won. They too had their own version of "How We Won Against All Odds." These collected stories were naturally collated to be a single event by the God Learners. It seems from the data at hand that the might have called them all to be "IFWW," hence originating the error.

>I Fought We Won seems to be "the only occasion" in the heortling myths
>when the Logic Tribe has been any help to the world. Isn't Heort the Hero!
As above, there was no help there.

>BTW Is it still canon to secretly think Flesh Man as Malkion?
Canon? Not in my Glorantha. EXCEPT where you have the right to mak eup any story you want, since of course YGMV.