Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #361

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 23:52:18 +0100

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 11:25:36 -0500 (CDT)
> From: plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu
> Subject: Predark and Insane Orlanthi
>
> Julian Lord says:
>
> > Will the Second Son stuff be published somewhere one day ?

And AFAIK it's in KoS: at least, that's where I found it.

And then I get confused by Peter Larsen's quoting:

> Jane Williams has an initiation on her web page that uses the Second
> Son/IFWW myths. > if you were an Orlanthi, > you would literally need to
> be *insane* to consider such ideas as a > valid mythic > basis for
> heroquesting.....

Well, fair enough. Using my ideas = insane: no, can't argue with that. Or wasn't that what you meant?

Seriously, yes, I based 1/3 of the initiation on the Second Son myth. (The other 2/3s were the Initiation of Orlanth or an Ernalda initiation, gender-dependant, and the bloodline initiation).

But what I didn't do was repeat the myth, since it's given in KoS, and both legally and morally, breaching copyright is a Bad Thing. A few quotes, yes, but not the full thing.

Should you want a look anyway, it's at
http://www.williams.nildram.co.uk/gloranth/marshedge/heortpath.htm

(Yes, also known as Heort's Path. This is a myth with far too many names!)

Of course, since then Issaries have finally given us an official initiation description that makes sense, and all my stuff is probably obsolete. Dunno. My TR is out on loan.