Predark and an OT recommendation

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:30:54 -0500

Olli Kantola says:

>Chaos is predark inside cosmos. Predark is something that is beond
>creation, but that is IMO a result of the creation, so that it is creation
>in a opposite *direction* or maybe *time*. Bringing predark into cosmos is
>uncreation, manifesting itself as chaos, a sort of a mythic equivalent of
>anti-matter.

        Well, maybe. I like this idea myself, but I strongly suspect we are never going to hear the definitive word on it. It's another outlandish theory that can be blurted out by the old scholar rolling around on his sick bed. The sort of stuff that gets you burned at the stake, really. For an exploration of some of these themes in a setting that resembles Glorantha almost not at all (except for the occasional heroquests, shamans, mythic meltingpot, quirky humor, and world torn by Armageddon), try Grant Morrison's stunning comic The Invisibles.

Peter Larsen