What's Flesh Man About?

From: Topi Pitkanen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:13:21 +0300 (EEST)

Hello Gloranthophiles!
I'd like to ask general question about Flesh Man?

Who? What? Where? Why? And what if...?

I do know what is said about him in different versions of the lightbringers myth, but he doesn't seem to appear elsewhere in the heortling (or gloranthan) mythology IIRC.

Flesh Man is nowadays almost more mystery than Ginna Jar. In many ways I quite _like_ not knowing so much about Him. That way there is more room for imagination, game, horror etc.

Nevertheless, Flesh Man is bound to be important mythic figure. Is there more mythos to him, or is the LBQ his singular appearance. Is He perhaps more related to *Harmast Barefoots Team* than to the *Original Lifebringers, Orlanth&Co*?

Ever since I took to idea of LBQ-parts as potential HeroQuests I've been wondering about the parts least likely to be in "common" use... Flesh Man heroquest might be desperate and perilous heortling possibility to foresee "the dark future" (and that way find out about the lunar plots and shepelkirtian schemes and blue assassins).

Thanks, if you can feed/rub my brains.

PS. I think that the idea of Flesh Man being Malkion (without

    heortlings or the malkioni knowing it) is groovy.     I picked it long ago from some fan product, perhaps from     Nick's Malkioni cultural exchange? While obviously not true

"Any worldwiew that isn't strange is automatically false."