Re: moderation

From: gjr_at_thestableyard.net
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:31:37 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, David Cake wrote:

> So, where exactly SHOULD questions like this be discussed?
> Should someone have to set up a special 'glorantha-community' list to
> discuss questions that concern us as a community? Like it or not, the
> Digest is the heart of the Glorantha community.
> I've been on the Digest or its predecessors for more than a
> decade, and most attempts to suppress discussion along these lines
> have been a mistake. All they have managed to do is to stir up
> resentment.

Where to discuss such matters is a very difficult question to answer. I have considered the worth of a 'glorantha-off-topic' mailing list to handle all the 'my larps better than your larp' type topics. I'm not convinced there is support for such a list, but if there is, I will organise one.

In my experience, subjects like book burning simply result in flame wars that do little to change anyones opinion, cause much bad feeling and do not give a good impression to the wider community.

Cheers,
Graham