Re: Moderation

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 23:26:21 +0200

David Cake:

> I've been on the Digest or its predecessors for more than a
> decade, and most attempts to suppress discussion along these lines
> have been a mistake. All they have managed to do is to stir up
> resentment.

Graham:

> In my experience, subjects like book burning simply result in flame wars
> that do little to change anyones opinion, cause much bad feeling and do
> not give a good impression to the wider community.

Although I am the cause of this mini-debate, I must side with Graham here. The Gloranthan content of a book-burning debate is likely to be very low. I deliberately violated the digest rules because it is an issue I feel strongly about. I don't expect it to be discussed here though.

Those who disagree (or agree) with my opinions on the matter are welcome to do so by mail.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?