Orlanth's Kinslaying

From: Peter Mcaveney <pmcaveney_at_usa.net>
Date: 22 Apr 2001 17:45:21 EDT

Alex Ferguson wrote:
> Orlanth's grandpappy is Aether, Yelm's dad. So that makes them him
his cuzuncle, cousin once removed (brother once removed??), or whatever that relationship's called, exactly. - -............
Oh, I know, but it was only kinslaying if the definition of the bloodline extends up that far. I'd have figured Umath to be the bloodline's founder. If we stretch it beyond that, to include gods outside the storm tribe, then the whole God's War is one big orgy of kinstrife. (Reminds me of the medieval Catholic church's problem: it's a sin to marry a blood relative of any degree, yet we're all descended from Adam & Eve ...) Then again, that sounds like a valid explanation from a solar viewpoint.

I still think something fishy is going on with Vadrus and Ragnaglar, and the new stuff in TR (p.146) tickles my intuition even more.