Jernotians

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:55:02 +1200

Peter Larsen

> >Well the Jernotians were at odds with the Bright Empire
> >(Entekosiad p90) to such an extent that Pelanda became
> >the Land of Shadows to provide balance against the Empire
> >of Light.
>
>Were they at odds for political, social, religious, etc reasons or
>for some sort of philosophical balance?

The stated background is the War of Light and Darkness or the conflict between the High Gods and the Gods of Dara Happa.

>Did they use Darkness as a tool against Dorastoran expantion,
>did they oppose Nysolar because they had Darkness ties, or did they adopt
>Darkness to balance Nysalor?

There is nothing in the Jernotian pantheon to suggest that they opposed Nysalor because of pre-existing Darkness ties. The shadow came from Dendara "summoning clouds to protect people against the overbearing rays of Yelm [...]". This doesn't sound like an explicit darkness link to me.