Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #383

From: Coridan <argrath_at_agoron.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 22:52:54 -0400

Tadaaki,

Hope you're doing well! It's good to hear from you again!

> Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 00:39:35 +0900
> From: Tadaaki Kakegawa <yelmalio_at_za2.so-net.ne.jp>
> Subject: Thnak you for information
>
> Hello,
>
> I asked question about Locaem Tribe and dietary life of Sartar about two
> weeks ago. I'm very sorry I didn't say thank you for materials you
> kindly provided. They help me a lot, and I would be able to run Locaem
> Tribe PBeM campaign from this weekend. Thank you for info!
>
> As for Campaign Characters thread, we have six PCs in that game.
>
> 1 Vinga / Destor warrior
> 1 Orlanth Allfather / Starkaval warrior
> 1 Issaries / Goldentongue merchant
> 1 Humakt / Makma Ran (sp?) warrior
> 1 Orlanth Adventurous / Desemborth warrior
> 1 Yelmalio / Kushile Templer
>
> 5/6 are martial. Umm...
>
> Regards,
>
> - -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Tadaaki Kakegawa

Surprisingly, at least a good solid half of my players in Sartar Rising (my PBEM at Yahoogroups, not the campaign book from Issaries) are non-combatants... well, as non-combatant as any Heortling farmer can be. Let's see...

Beveni - Finovan Adventurous
Herder (and occasional cattle raider)
Bolthor Vandarlsson - Orlanthcarl and Ohorland Thundrous Farmer Danila Martikasdottir - Vinga (no subcult yet) Warrior

Gustav Proudbeard    - Durev the Householder                        Farmer
Gutjoral Hjoltisson - Vingkot The Champion Warrior
Harmast Stormborn - Yavor Thunderous                                    Godi
Hindina Kedradotter - Vinga, Rigsdal Watchmen                    Warrior
Jaros Faradson - Elmal
Warrior
Kentsral the Brewer - Minlinster
Brewer!
Korol Halfhand - Starkval Allfather
Retired Weaponthane
Oddi Voriof
Boy, Goat Herder, Hero in making
Ukrava - Kev the Queen
Seer and God Talker
Veosin - Humakt - Warrior and recovering berserker

Now, mind you, the Voroni Snowtops of the Kheldon are a Peace clan! But a little over half the PC's are warrior types. This is fine, as I plan on splitting the PBEM in half anyway. They're also surrounded by raiding clans, hungry trolls, and everpresent Lunars. I will deeply enjoy RPing both a wandering adventurer band as well as stead life of an Orlanthi clan.

Anyone who wants to lurk, I'll gladly join you, but only full players will be allowed to upload files. Right now, all player slots are filled. E-mail me at argrath_at_agoron.com