Questions about Orlanthi

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 19:58:16 +0900

To Mr. Jeff Richard, aka Speaker of All Orlanthi ("Good" Lokamayadon?)

I have almost finished translating your "Rastalulf's Saga" of Enclosure #2 from English to Japanese. But I don't have permission to open it publicly yet.

Always Some Questions exist in my poorly-made Brain....

  1. Lokamayadon, I don't read enough Land of Doom: Dorastor, History of Talastar Column said some about their Culture, I also know some about Brolian primitive Culture in Andrew Behan's Site (They are Half-Kolati / Half-Orlanthi?) - -...But I don't know enough about 1st Age Connection of Unity Council Missionary and Talastar, what is Tar-umath? Maybe their Worship to Lightbringers was Superficial. Their Neighborhoods worshiped to Shargash and Entekos, some Wind and Storm Power...

And Rastalulf's Quest to Empty Mountain....

2: Empty Mountain, if it Exists in Modern Gloranthan Storm realm, which Mountain can be applied? If that is merely another Version of LBQ, modern Orthodox Orlanthi cannot take Vanak Spear....(I don't have Tales #7 Eringulf Fragment....)

3: Rastalulf-Eringulf-Harmast Line.....I don't read Harmast Saga, is he truly such Noble Line? If so, why he was merely a farmer Barntari? If he was Hendriki Outlaw Society Member....

4: Vanak Spear, What is Original Idea of RW Legends?

5: I don't know these Words coming from RW Society: Wergild, Greeting, Wyter, Thane, Wyrd.....Can I find these source?

6: Vingkot, Which Status of him right? Man or God? Greg Stafford generally wrote about his Divine Half, but you wrote about Human Half...

7: Vinga, who is her? When and who she was invented? Greg Stafford wrote some about her in KOS....
(And is there Mythology "how Orlanth tamed uncontrollable Daughter? Japanese men are generally male-chauvinists if their wife is not near of him.)

8: Who is Narnarra the Greater? Man or Woman? I remember someone said about her, is she truly Nysalorian Missionary? or Ancient Primitive Orlanthi of Ralios? I don't know how they adopted Orlanthi Way to their Hsunchen Culture, they are not Vingkotling.

9: Ingolf Dragonfriend, in Wyrm's Footprint, Ingolf was killed by Blue Moon Assassin in 1051, but King of Sartar mentioned his Death was occured after he retired to Delela and Black Dragon swallowed him.

  1. Alakoring Dragonbreaker, Northern Orlanthi of Peloria were called Alakoring Tribe, but in God Age, Winter Tribe and Summer Tribe exists in Vingkotling. And Other Bloodline of Orlanthi existed such as Haranding of Maniria (Enemy of Jarani), in 1st Age, many Local Cultute converting to LBQ worship, and Gbaji War made many Orlanthi go to Other Gods. Quivini converted to Draconism and Hendriki converted to Malkionism in 2nd Age...And Dragonkill perfectly broke Northern Heortling and Southern Heortling... How much Ralian Influence in Modern Pelorian Orlanthi?

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #384