Incompatible Deaths, etc.

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 21:31:45 +0100

David Cake writes:

> This has got me thinking. My first response was 'maybe he
> died twice?', which given the existence of resurrection seems
> reasonable.

Or maybe Greg wrote two incompatible accounts of his death?

ISTR one of the Princes of Sartar was killed by a dinosaur, murdered by moon magic, and fell from a great height (in separate accounts). These various stories were then conflated so that while he was out hunting dinosaurs a moonbeam blinded him and he fell off a cliff to be trampled by his erstwhile prey.

I may be exaggerating, but if so will claim it as poetic license.

Tapani Mylly asks:

> I have been wondering what is the role of Ty Kora Tek in Orlanthi
> mythology?

"Storm Tribe" came back from the printers yesterday; the book will include details of how and why the Heortlings worship Asrelia and Ty Kora Tek.

Cheers, Nick