Archaic Cults, Higher Powers

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 13:59:45 -0700

At 11:45 AM 5/5/2001 -0700, you wrote:

>But when we compare their affinities to modern ones, we find that they
>don't fit the current circumstances of the world very well. Varanorlanth
>truly rules the wildernes, but Tatout and Ormalaya fit better to current
>society. Their feats are more practical. This can also be observer in
>leadership cults of Dar, Vingot and Rex and in every other archaic aspect.
>
>Maybe this is a world-wide trend. Cultures or cults that stick with
>ancient ways have powerful secrets, but useless magic. Dayzatar maybe a
>prime example. Brithini, etc. They don't exacly fit in the modern world,
>but they are certainly going away with a big bang!
This is largely correct.
Some of the different ramifications will be shown in the various Imperial types of worship. Most of the Imperial population does not initiate but participate in an annual round of massive ceremonies. - --------
Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>