Flesh Man

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 15:07:18 -0700

At 11:45 AM 5/7/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>> In any case i suppose (and hope) Storm Tribe will give a
>> little more clues about Flesh Man's nature and the Lightbringers
>> as a whole in the 'new' Heortling mythology.
>
>Agreed with the whole of your post. So far I'm not much wiser
>than in the beginning, but the picture is more clearly foggy.
>
>Flesh Man was a madman, and we don't know much else about him.
>His lightbringer connection IMO provides well enough
>possibilities how to use him in game. I would propably hint about
>something weird and not really certify anything conserning him
> - for now.

Flesh Man has no mythology. He is Everyman. He is a person who has become aware of, and overwhelmed by the nature of personal death, divine extermination and cosmic annhilation. He is made of flesh: transient stuff. He is the urge that propels ordinary people to explore the God World. Flesh Man is also a composite character. It is a title that is given to a variety of individuals that participatred in Harmast's quest. It is a blank seat at the table for what or whomever is either needed or there at the moment.