Re: Orlanthi Guests

From: Jerome Blondel <bwbfc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 18:56:20 -0000

Hi

David Weihe wrote

Thanks for your reply. I think i somewhat mixed the concepts of clan and kin.

>Of course, normally you and your family are expected to try to stop
>Hannibal Uroxi before he kills your guests, not wait until it happens
>and try to make a profit from the difference in bloodprices.

Well... I hadn't thought about it but now that you mention it... If i'm a rich widow and my guest is a poor stickpicker, maybe i could make a big profit.

>If a guest does some wrong, the guilt for his offense is transferred to
>the host, who is responsible for any fines or weregelds (ignore the
>redundancy here). If the host wants to demand repayment of any fine,
>later, that is a sub-judicial matter between the two people.

Does it mean that if the guest refuses to repay, the host is no longer obligated to him and may feud with him?

>We can also ignore that Alakorings ARE Heortlings, here.

Sure, let's ignore it :-)

Jerome