Pent

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 18:52:10 +1200

Terra Incognita:

>David Dunham and Rob Heinsoo discussed about Grazelanders and other Horse
>Nomads in the Glorantha Con 4, about their Living. and Cultural Resemblance
>to RW analogy.

>In RW, they used Wagons and Yurts made from Woods which Gloranthan Pentans
>cannot find these Blank Area Map.

That's most probably a defect of outsider knowledge about Pent rather than no trees in Pent whatsoever.

>RW Middle Asian Population composed widely with Iranian, Mongolian, Turkian,
>and minorities, (Greek, Arabian, Slavian, Tibetan...) from Caucasian Family
>and Mongolian Family in the classification of Language, Pentan Population is
>more than twice of Praxians...If these stocks include all of these
>Categories of RW...very very long work is required....

There probably are scattered enclaves of foreigners within Pent (Lunars, Ignorants, Kralori etc) as IMO Sheng brought a whole lot of people here as slaves. There are older populations of sedentary humans (Orathorn being the most obvious example)

>Important Persons were Only Three:

>Sheng Seleris Mystic of Zolathi, Zho Lath Ehy, Saka Morn School?
>Dranz Goloi Greatkhan, defeated by Jar Eel?
>Joloi Maskoss Shamaness

Dijaar and his five friends (each with an army of horse barbarians who fought against the EWF - probably slaughtered at Highbridge).

Perhaps a couple of the Horse Emperors of the Jenarong Dynasty were from Pent proper.

> >>My another Problem is how I can explain about Wife of Sun, you know Dara
> >>Happans have Dendara, the Planet Goddess is his wife. Grazers know
> >>Ungariant a daughter of Orest is Wife of Yu-Kargzant.

> >Probably still La-Ungariant IMO.

>Orest is Name of Bountiful Ernalda for Feathered Horse Queen...

Not really. Orest is a goddess who the Grazers think the Vendref worship as Ernalda. In Pent, the Pentans believe Orest is La- s mother but do not know of any association with Ernalda.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #409