Re: Were are these places?

From: Mark Galeotti <Mark_at_galeotti.fsbusiness.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 22:49:57 +0100

> From: "markmohrfield" <markmohrfield_at_zoomtown.com>
> Subject: Were are these places?
>
> Storm Tribe mentions the Great Libraries of Lhankor Mhy; the Final
Information Library in the Holy Country, Derensev, in Volsaxiland, Hevdurin Dege Library, in Esrolia, Jevdur (no location given), Jelenkev School, and Laraval Library in southern Tarsh. Does anyone know just were exactly these places are? I can't find them listed on any map.

As regards the last, this is not an official answer as I've not seen any other references, but I have tended to assume that the Laraval Library is in Bagnot. After all, Bagnot was the old Tarshite capital, in the heart of Arimsland, and thus the obvious place for scholars to meet under royal patronage. The other southern city is Dunstop, which is more of an armed camp as a result of its proximity to the Grazers. Sure, you could make a case for it being there or, indeed, in some village or isolated settlement, but these would be rather more noteworthy than the library being in the capital, and more likely to have been mentioned somewhere. All IMO...

Mark

The Unspoken Word, a Gloranthan magazine, out now http://www.celtic-webs.com/theunspokenword