Great Lhankor Mhy libraries

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 11:07:06 +1200

Mark Mohrfield:

>Storm Tribe mentions the Great Libraries of Lhankor Mhy; the Final
>Information Library in the Holy Country, Derensev, in Volsaxiland,
>Hevdurin Dege Library, in Esrolia, Jevdur (no location given), Jelenkev
>School, and Laraval Library in southern Tarsh. Does anyone know just were
>exactly these places are? I can't find them listed on any map.

The name of the library is probably not the same of the city in which it is in. Most great temples are almost certainly in big cities.

The Final Information Library is undoubtedly in Nochet. Derensev School is probably in Karse as the Lylket knowledge temple of the Imperial Age (the source of much Uz Lore) used to be there.

Jelenkev, famous for the copying of manuscripts, is in South Heortland. I would place it in either Durengard or Mount Passant. The copying is most probably due to its strong connection with the Gray Ones, although one could argue for the presence of Machine City duplication technology.

As centre of the Sword Sages, the Library of Hevduran Dege in Esrolia is probably on the border with either Caladraland or Dital. Perhaps Thelos or Jorsh.

Since Lavaral is known to be pre-Lunar, Furthest is excluded as a possible location. The only significant cities are either Dunstop or Bagnot, the former Royal Capital. I lean towards Bagnot myself.

Jevdur as part of the Gods Age, Jevdur would have to be in one of the cities that was extant at either the Vingkotling era or the Silver Age. But since I don't have a map of such places, I can't make much of a guess.