Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #419

From: Erik Nolander <erik.nolander_at_swipnet.se>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 19:52:17 +0200

At 11:45 2001-06-03 -0700, Mark Mohrfield wrote:

>Storm Tribe mentions the Great Libraries of Lhankor Mhy; the Final
>Information Library in the Holy Country, Derensev, in Volsaxiland,
>Hevdurin Dege Library, in Esrolia, Jevdur (no location given), Jelenkev
>School, and Laraval Library in southern Tarsh. Does anyone know just were
>exactly these places are? I can't find them listed on any map.

I haven't found any of the locations either, but these are some of my guesses, mostly based on the Holy Country article and map in Tradetalk #5. These are not official, of course, but as I understand it, the artice is based on the HC info from the RQ Companion, so it should be *mostly* reliable. All IMHO... ;)
I would place the Final Information Library in Nochet, mostly since we know the Nochet Library to be a really big one. Rhigos (on the coast south of Nochet) looks large enough to house the Hevdurin Dege library. Derensev could fit nicely in Karse and Jelenkev School in Vizel. Jevdur and Laraval Library is trickier. Maybe there is some info about Laraval in the first issue of Unspoken Word? Jevdur looks to be pretty old - maybe it isn't in the Heortland/Dragon Pass region at all?

Well, that's my half-krona. Anyone else got some suggestions?

Cheers,

Erik Nolander

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #420