Transcendant gods

From: Jerome Blondel <bwbfc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 14:20:18 -0000

Hi

I'm trying to comprehend a little better how Glorantha works behind the scenes..

The transcendant realm is "beyond" the 3 otherworlds, this being a reason why they stand in the path of mystics, facing them with otherworldly temptations on their way up to transcendance.

The 3 otherworlds are connected to the transcendant realm themselves. Some deities have found their way to it, e.g. Taraltara. Contemplation of such deities allows their worshippers to achieve transcendance. The rules would be those of manifest mysticism.

Possibly only great gods can do that. Taraltara would be the transcendant path to the Red Goddess. Her warlike implications suit Sedenya's current incarnation well. Likely White Moonies have their own path that is one of peace and flowers but is yet inadequate because the Moon is not White yet.

As a great god even Orlanth has had transcendant aspects, such as Arangorf in the EWF and maybe Tarumath under Nysalor's reign. However his worshippers are always allergic to civilization and they eventually destroy the bad thing and go back to the old ways. The connection between Tarumath and Lokamayadon kinds of disturbs me though. The "Lokamayadon" article says that the worship of Tarumath was worship of Lokamayadon. But the Orlanthi perhaps didn't get it right once more. Could it be that he merely "founded a mystical school" of which he was the "master", thanks to Nysalor's teachings?

Here it is. Any indicators? I expect there is rubbish in the above that needs to be cleaned.

Jerome