Re: Transcendant gods

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 22:12:32 +0200

Jerome:

> The 3 otherworlds are connected to the transcendant realm themselves. Some
> deities have found their way to it, e.g. Taraltara. Contemplation of such
> deities allows their worshippers to achieve transcendance. The rules would
> be those of manifest mysticism.

Mysticism rules are said to be updated in 2nd edition HW, so I wouldn't make too far-reaching assumption on how to handle this game-wise, apart from that I agree.

> Possibly only great gods can do that. Taraltara would be the transcendant
> path to the Red Goddess. Her warlike implications suit Sedenya's current
> incarnation well. Likely White Moonies have their own path that is one of
> peace and flowers but is yet inadequate because the Moon is not White yet.
>
> As a great god even Orlanth has had transcendant aspects, such as Arangorf
> in the EWF and maybe Tarumath under Nysalor's reign.

I can add that the Vilthelan High Gods exist primarily (only?) in the transcendent realm. Given the mystic influence in the east, many Vithelan gods have transcendent aspects.

> thing and go back to the old ways. The connection between Tarumath and
> Lokamayadon kinds of disturbs me though. The "Lokamayadon" article says that
> the worship of Tarumath was worship of Lokamayadon. But the Orlanthi perhaps
> didn't get it right once more. Could it be that he merely "founded a
> mystical school" of which he was the "master", thanks to Nysalor's
> teachings?

Could be that he started a false path, like Avanapdur in the east in the Demigods Cycle.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?